Far into the Icelandic countryside, and away from the bright lights of the Icelandic capital, this Super Jeep tour brings you to the further reaches for exclusive sightings of the Northern Lights.
With a small group size of six (6) passengers, you’ll get the most out of your Northern Lights adventure, including your experienced guide as they lead the evening’s search for the mystical Northern Lights by traveling off the beaten track.
The Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, are caused by collisions between particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole. In Iceland, they’re visible during the winter months, from late August to April, and appear in many different forms and colors with light green and pink being the most commonly seen.
- Departures daily at 9:00pm from August 20 – April 15
- Pick-up between your Reykjavik hotel or designated pick-up location and the tour starting point begins 30 minutes prior to the tour’s scheduled departure. Return drop-off is also included
- Total duration approximately 4 hours
- Hot chocolate and Icelandic “kleina”
- Wool blankets, and chairs
- Average tour group size: 6
- Online offer only
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- Northern lights sightings are not guaranteed. No refund or reduction in price if northern lights are not seen during tour. If you don't see the northern lights on the tour you will be offered to join another Northern Lights tour for free the following evening, based on availability
- Tour operated by Reykjavik Sightseeing
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended.