One of our most exciting day tours takes you to Solheimajökull, an outlet glacier that flows from the main ice-cap of Myrdalsjökull where the mighty volcano Katla rests. You'll have an hour to walk on the glacier with your certified, expert guide using special crampons, perfect for exploring the cracks and crevasses of this magnificent ice structure.
You'll also visit the stunning Skogarfoss waterfall where, if you're ready for some climbing, you can take all 527 steps to see the majestic 60-meter high waterfall from above and witness the water plummet down on its way to the Atlantic Ocean. You'll also visit Seljalandsfoss waterfall, one of Iceland’s most famous attractions that enables you to walk behind its magnificent wall of water.
- Roundtrip bus transportation, professional tour and glacier guide
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 30 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Operated year round, approximate duration 11 hours
- Online offer only
- A minimum shoe size of 35 is required for mandatory use of crampons during the glacier walk
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- Tour operated by Reykjavik Excursions
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended.