Until very recently what lies beneath the surface of Langjökull was a mystery, but through the combined efforts of Iceland's top engineers and geo-physicists, all that has changed!
You’ll first ascend to the Langjökull Ice Cap to begin your snowmobiling trip from the base camp at Jaki. After being adorned the necessary clothing and required helmets you'll drive off across the glacier's vast, snowy wasteland to marvel at the incredible surroundings. Afterwards, you'll walk down beneath the cap into a magnificent man-made ice cave where temperatures generally hover around zero degrees Celsius, or 32 Fahrenheit.
- Includes bus transportation, guidance in English
- Knowledgeable host during the tour
- Snowmobile ride
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
- Approximately one hour guided tour in the Langjokull Ice Cave
- Admission to the Langjokull Ice Cave
- In-bus audio guide with choice of languages. Please bring your own headphones if possible (available for purchase on board the bus)
- Daily departures at 8. Pick-up 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point!
- Operated year round, approximate duration 10 hours
- Online offer only
- A valid driver's licence is required to operate a snowmobile
- Children 5 years old and younger are not permitted on this tour
- Please wear suitable wind and waterproof winter clothing and boots for use on the glacier
- Please note this tour will not pick up/drop off passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavík
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- Choices of roads and availability of activities are condition dependent, including snow layers
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
- Personal insurance is not included and is highly recommended