Experience a magical journey with this exciting day tour dubbed Into the Glacier, one of Iceland’s newest and most popular destinations for visitors.
Into the Glacier is a unique, innovative, man-made ice cave located in a remote location high up on Langjökull. As one of Iceland’s largest and most spectacular ice cap glaciers, it stretches 1,640 feet (500 meters) deep into the ice at a location 4,134 feet (1,260 meters) above sea level. At the start of this nine-hour tour you’ll drive to scenic West Iceland, passing through a stunning landscape of waterfalls, hot springs and birch woodlands. Once reaching the edge of Langjökull your group will switch to a specially-designed eight-wheel "monster truck,” perfect for transporting visitors atop a thick solid glacier ceiling. Then it’s time to explore the illuminated interior of the glacier cave, full of ice formations, smaller caverns and gorgeous blue glacial walls. Tucked amid the glacial beauty you'll discover chambers with exhibitions, sitting areas and even a wedding chapel! Afterwards, enjoy a short visit to Þingvellir National Park before heading back to the big city.
- Includes bus transportation, guidance in English
- Guided two hour Monster Truck ride on Langjokull Glacier
- Admission to the Langjokull Ice Cave
- Daily departures at 09:00. Pick-up 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point!
- Operated year round, approximate duration 10 hours
- Online offer only
- Children 5 years old and younger are not permitted on this tour
- Please wear suitable wind and waterproof winter clothing and boots for use on the glacier
- Please note this tour will not pick up/drop off passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavík
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- Choices of roads and availability of activities are condition dependent, including snow layers
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
- Personal insurance is not included and is highly recommended