‘Catch me if you can’ prize draw terms and conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Icelandair, Company ID number: 461202-3490 (“The Promoter”)
- The promotion (“Promotion”) is open to anyone aged 18+ only. Employees, representatives or agents of Icelandair and its subsidiaries and affiliates, media partners, advertising and promotional agencies, and members of the immediate family (parents, children, siblings and spouse, regardless of where they live) of any of the aforementioned and persons with whom any of the aforementioned live in the same household are not eligible to enter the Promotion.
- Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify the respective entry from the Promotion.
- A picture of the exterior of the branded Icelandair Boeing 737 MAX8s is necessary to enter.
- No Purchase necessary.
- Internet access required and entrants must have an active Twitter or Instagram account. If you do not have a Twitter account you will need to create one to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this. See twitter.com for more details on how to set up an account.
- Entries will be subject to Twitters and Instagram terms of service which are available online at twitter.com and www.Instagram.com.
- Only one entry per person will be counted. Maximum of one prize per household for the duration of the Promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- Entry to the Promotion is open between 14th April 2018 and 12th May 2018.
- Any entries received outside this period will not be entered in to the Promotion.
How to enter
- Entrants must take a picture of the branded Icelandair Boeing 737 MAX8 either on the ground at an international airport or in the air.
- Post the picture on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ICE737MAX and tag @Icelandair in the description. Logo or branding needs to be visible to comply.
- Additionally, follow @Icelandair during the relevant promotional period.
- The promotional entrants submission must be original and created by them and cannot infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party. Any entry found to be copied, or a photograph of another person, will be disqualified. The entrant must have the permission from any people appearing in the photograph, if there are any people in the photo, which is not recommended, to submit it for these purposes. No image of children will be accepted.
- Any entries received from private accounts will not be entered due to privacy restrictions. To enter from a private account, you must amend your account settings to a public account in order for entry to be accepted. The account must remain public and entrants must continue to follow the Promotion for up to one week after the end of the Promotion, to be contacted in the event their entry is a winning entry.
- Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted. Entrants are solely responsible for the information they provide and views they express on their Twitter or Instagram account. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and could still, post qualification, be disqualified as the Promoter reserves the right to verify all winners. This is to ensure attendance on the flight will meet necessary standards and not cause the brand embarrassment by the individual or their guest. Part of this process may include questions during the claim process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain.
- Entrants further agree that no content will be submitted that:
- Is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Encourages or advocates any unlawful or unauthorized behavior or activity or violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- Is offensive, obscene, vulgar, or is inappropriate for a public and family friendly forum;
- Contains Individuals smoking tobacco, drinking or appearing to be under the influence of alcohol.
- Is or may be, considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, threatening or harassing to any individual or entity;
- Includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- Contains any computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
- Infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, rights of publicity rights of privacy, moral rights or any other applicable personal or proprietary right
- Monitor or review the Content you have submitted;
- Remove or refuse to post any Content submitted that The Promoter deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate or violate any of these Terms and Conditions without giving you notice;
agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees
- It is the responsibility of the winners to provide their correct, up-to-date details at the time of acceptance in order for their prize to be processed. The Administrator, nor its fulfilment agent can be held responsible for the winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance.
- There are 2 prizes of Icelandair flight vouchers available to be won.
- The Prize winners and their travelling guest are responsible for; any and all costs, expenses and taxes not expressly described herein including, without limitation, applicable local air departure taxes, ground transportation, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, personal expenses of any nature for overnight stop over, meals and beverages, service charges, in-flight meals and entertainment; costs incurred to and from the departure point as the Prize originates and terminates there, obtaining sufficient personal travel insurance prior to departure, if desired; obtaining and carrying all necessary travel documentation, such as passports and visas and complying with customs immigrations regulations. Use of the airfare tickets are subject to Icelandair general conditions of carriage publicly available at http://www.icelandair.com/support/terms-and-conditions/conditions-of-carriage/
- The approximate total value of each Prize is USD 800. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold, transferred or converted to cash and will not be refunded if unused. No substitutions, changes or extensions are permitted. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value or to allow a Prize transfer.
- Maximum of 1 prize (Icelandair vouchers) per household.
- The Winner and their guests, must not have any limitations upon their ability or rights to travel to and from Iceland to a Icelandair destination chosen. The right to refuse entry to any chosen destination country at the point of entry of your prize is held by Passport control and the country’s authorities. The Promoter is not responsible for ensuring the Winner or their guest’s ability to travel and is not responsible for any costs incurred should entry be refused by Passport control or the country’s authorities.
- Winners and guests take full responsibility for any risks associated with traveling to, in and from Iceland. Winners and guests must take into account any travel advice from the relevant government or authorities to ascertain if there are any issues with potential travel and the Promoter will try and assist with suitable alternatives should there be major concerns. So, whilst they can advise and recommend, the Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the Winner or guests that arises from them not following the relevant government or authorities travel advice.
Winner selection process
- There will be a total of 1 winner.
- All winners will be chosen within 3 working days of the promotional end date.
- The winners will be chosen at random via an independently verified, randomized computer process from all valid entries of the acceptable standard received.
- The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of entries received from Eligible Participants during the relevant draw.
Claim Process – dependent on above
- The potential winners (subject to verification*) will be contacted initially via a comment on their promotional entry.
- The potential winners will be asked to respond for verification and claim details. If a potential winner cannot be contacted or does not confirm acceptance of their prize within 14 days of notification, or refuses the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the original winner who will have their prize forfeited and reallocate the prize to a replacement winner drawn at the same time as the original.
*During the claim process the winners will be asked to confirm their name, email address, postal address and age to verify eligibility of the prize and further identity details, which they must provide within 14 days of being contacted.
- The vouchers will be dispatched to the relevant winners’ home or available via their secure email addresses within 28 days of verifying the winners.
General Terms & Conditions
- All entries submitted, and all information provided by entrants must be complete and accurate.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- any submissions that are lost or delayed due to faulty, failed or erroneous electronic data transmissions communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of this Promotion causing delays or disruption
- claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt as a result of inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet.
- The contents of all entries submitted become property of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to use the contents of entry submissions provided by entrants, for editorial, advertising, marketing and promotional purposes, without further compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law. Each Eligible entrant grants permission for Promoter to use the contents of his/her entry submission for editorial, advertising, marketing and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, without compensation, notification or permission.] Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content, are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
- Details of winners will be posted on the Twitter site at the end of the Promotion. Alternatively, the full name and county of the winners send an email to email@example.com for a period of 3 months following the close of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any instructions forming part of this Promotions entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or suspend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice but will always endeavor to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter’s decision in all promotional matters is final.
- The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram. You are providing your information to Icelandair, not to Twitter. By entering the Promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Twitter whatsoever. By entering the Promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Twitter.
- Any person posting, or seen to be posting, comments during the Promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, associates or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Twitter to any such behavior, which may result in the person’s account being frozen pending investigation.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promotion and these Terms are governed by Icelandic law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Icelandic courts.