Visit Phenomenal Belgium Promotion
Terms & Conditions: Visit Phenomenal Belgium – Send Your Photo Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS GIVEAWAY IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO MASSACHUSETTS LAW.
Visit Phenomenal Belgium – Send Your Photo Contest will begin at 12:00PM EDT Time on Friday, September 13, 2019 and end at 17:00 EDT Monday, September 30, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). Participation in the Visit Phenomenal Belgium – Send Your Photo Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Contest is sponsored by Icelandair, 859 Willard St. Suite 400, Quincy, MA 02169 (“Sponsor”) and Brussels Airport Company, Auguste Reyerslaan 80, 1030 Brussels, Belgium (“Sponsor”) who are solely responsible for all aspects of this Giveaway.
The Giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years or older, with Facebook accounts registered in their legal names.
Employees, officers and representatives of Icelandair and members of the immediate family (mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouse, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How to participate
During the Promotion Period, Facebook account-holders who follow the official Icelandair Facebook account may submit a comment (“entry”) on the Visit Phenomenal Belgium – Send Your Photo Contest post at the official Icelandair Facebook page, www.facebook.com/Icelandair/, to be posted at 12:00PM EDT on Friday, September 13, 2019. Comments must be submitted no later than 5:00PM EDT on Friday, September 30, 2019, with their one (1) photo entry as described in the post as noted above.
- Two (2) entrants, each with a personal Facebook account registered in their legal name, is eligible to win one (1) prize each.
- One (1) winner will be chosen from the State of Washington, and one (1) winner will be chosen from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- To be considered, each entrant may submit not more than one (1) comment (“entry”)
- Late entries (including delayed data transmissions), forged, incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified.
- One prize (as described under the ‘Prize’ section below) maximum per account-holder during the Contest promotion.
- Prize winners will be chosen by and at the full discretion of Icelandair and Brussels Airport Company via a reply to the winners’ comment submissions on the above stated Facebook post
- Winners will be notified and announced on Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- All decisions by Icelandair and Brussels Airport Company regarding the Contest are final.
By participating in this Content, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Any personally identifiable information collected during an entrant’s participation in this Giveaway will be collected by Sponsors and used by Sponsors, Administrator, their respective affiliates, agents and marketers for purposes of the proper administration and fulfillment of the Contest as described in these Official Rules.
Limitations of Liability
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, at any time, without notice, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award prizes using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the termination/suspension date, if any infection, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s control, affects the integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process (if applicable) or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in a disruptive manner. Sponsor and Administrator assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for: lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, delayed, garbled, undelivered, or misdirected entries; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone or data transmission systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from Contest participation; typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials, or other problems or errors of any kind whether computer, network, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, in the processing of entries, in the selection or announcement of winners or in the awarding of prizes. Sponsors and Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsors nor Administrator is responsible for any damage to an entrant’s system which is occasioned by participating in this Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the promotion. Neither Sponsors nor Administrator is responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized Facebook accounts-holder. “Authorized accounts holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning Facebook accounts. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized accounts holder.
Two (2) winning entrants will each receive a travel package including the following:
- For the winner chosen from Massachusetts: One (1) pair (“set”) of two (2) round-trip Economy Standard tickets on Icelandair from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on the dates of the winning entrant’s choice between October 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020, based on availability, to Brussels Airport (BRU) in the Kingdom of Belgium
- For the winner chosen from Washington state: One (1) pair (“set”) of two (2) round-trip Economy Standard tickets on Icelandair from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) in the State of Washington on the dates of the winning entrant’s choice between October 1, 2019 – March 31, 2020, based on availability, to Brussels Airport (BRU) in the Kingdom of Belgium
- Two (2) nights hotel accommodation in a Superior Room in each of the following cities: Brussels, Namur (Namur province), Ghent (East Flanders province).
- Daily breakfast at each hotel
- One-way taxi service from Brussels Airport to hotel accommodation in Brussels
- One-way taxi or train service from Brussels hotel to Brussels Airport
- Two (2) 24-hour Brussels tram tickets
- The Tram Experience for two (2) if traveling from early 2020 (re-opens “early 2020”)
- Round-trip train service between Brussels-South Station and Namur Station
- Round-trip taxi service between Namur Station and Gardens of Annevoie
- 90-minute tour of Les Jardins d'Annevoie (Gardens of Annevoie). Reservation must be confirmed 15 days prior to visit
- Round-trip train travel between Brussels-South Station and Ghent Station
- Amuse Gueule – a guided culinary city tour for two (2), to four (4) different restaurants in Ghent
- One (1) optional stopover in Iceland, up to seven (7) nights, in either the eastbound or westbound direction is allowed, based on availability. Hotel accommodation is included at one of the following hotels, based on availability: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Natura, Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina, Hilton Reykjavik Nordica. All other expenses and arrangements within Iceland, such as meals, transportation, sight-seeing, etc. are the responsibility of each prize winner
By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release the Sponsors (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by entering the promotion or for damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to and from any prize-related activity. Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsors.
All prize details will be determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions may be made. Prize will only be awarded to the verified winner.
The winning participants will coordinate travel arrangements with an assigned representative of Icelandair, with contact information to be provided via a private message of the winner’s Facebook Messenger account at the close of the Contest. The Contest winners will first be required to sign and return a release as further described below under Prize Conditions. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible participants. Prize consists of only those items specifically described as included in the prize. Any fees, federal, state and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winning entrant.
If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during three (3) business days from the date of the Contest drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
All Prize winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (if applicable) associated with the receipt of any prize. The winner will be required to sign these terms and conditions. When receiving the prize, if potential winner fails to agree to terms and sign the requisite document or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue. Each potential winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to Sponsors’ use of winning entrants’ name, likeness, photograph, any possible footage, photographs and video, voice, opinions, hometown and/or state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and television broadcast) without further consent or compensation except where prohibited.
Other Terms & Conditions
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: Released Parties and their designees and assigns and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability and entrant will indemnify, defend and hold Released Parties harmless from any liability, loss, injury, or damage to entrant themselves or any other person or entity, including personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any prize activity or travel related thereto) or participation in this Contest. Entrants further acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry and to modify, terminate or suspend this Contest should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, action of entrants, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, if the Contest is modified, terminated or suspended, at Sponsors’ discretion, select winners from those eligible, non-suspect entries. Entrants further acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that ...
- Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action;
- Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and
- Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforce-ability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsors or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Massachusetts state law. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts of Massachusetts, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these Official Rules. The invalidity or un-enforce-ability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforce-ability of any other provision. In the event any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a written list of winners please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to:
“Visit Phenomenal Belgium – Send Your Photo Contest”
859 Willard Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Ticket Restrictions and Information
- Accommodation and other land arrangements beyond that which is expressly outlined herein are not included in travel prize
- Transportation to/from the traveler’s residence and Boston Logan International Airport will not be provided as part of the giveaway
- Contest winner and their guest must travel together at all times of their confirmed flight reservations as arranged in accordance with their Icelandair representative