Stopover Pass Terms and Conditions
Book flights on selected dates and transfer or stopover in Iceland for a chance to see performances and events that will enhance your transfer time or stopover stay.
FLIGHT THEATER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Five prizes will be awarded based on random selection. Entries close on 28 July 2017.
The prize includes:
- Roundtrip flights from your local Icelandair gateway
- Two seats on the special London to New York theater performance flight - 8 September 2017
- One night accommodation in New York - 8 September 2017
- Two nights’ accommodation in Iceland - 9 and 10 September 2017
- Return flight from Keflavik to your final destination - 11 September 2017
- US$700 spending money
The only way to be registered for the Flight Theater Prize Draw, is to sign up via the form titled “WIN SEATS FOR FLIGHT THEATER, DEPARTING ON SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2017” on Icelandair’s Stopover Pass webpage.
For full Prize Draw Terms & Conditions, refer to “PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS” section below.
STOPOVER PASS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*Register at icelandair.com when you book flights on selected dates to see if there are events available that you can enter to win via a prize draw. Event prizes available: 5 x airport transfer and 11 x Stopover tickets to music, dance, art, sport and spoken word performances in Iceland available to be won. Purchase Necessary: Entrants will need to have purchased a transatlantic flight from Europe to North America or vice versa with a flight transfer or stopover in Iceland in order to enter. Normal exclusions apply. Internet access required. Promotion open 20th June 2017 to 31st March 2018, closing dates for each Performance varies, activities are live between October 2017 – April 2018. Promoter: Icelandair, Company ID number: 461202-3490
PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Icelandair, Company ID number: 461202-3490 (“The Promoter”)
1. Entry in to the prize draws (“Prize Draws”) is open to Icelandair customers (“Customers”) aged 18 (eighteen) years or over at the time of entry who have booked a transatlantic flight from North America to Europe or Europe to North America on the selected days with a flight transfer (5 (five) airport transfer events on selected days) or stopover in Iceland (11 (eleven) events on selected days). Employees and their immediate families of Icelandair, their subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, or anyone professionally connected to the promotion (“the Promotion”) are not eligible to take part.
2. Only 1 (one entry) per performance per booking reference number.
3. Customers will require internet access in order to enter
4. Customers will need to have purchased a transatlantic flight from North America to Europe or Europe to North America with a flight transfer or stopover in Iceland on the selected days in order to enter the draw for the activity available when they transfer/stay.
Promotional Period and Entry Instructions
5. Entry to the Promotion is available on selected flights and stays when the transfer/stopover is purchased between 00.01 BST (GMT + 1 hr) on 20th June to 23:59 GMT on 31st March 2018 (the “Promotional Period”).
6. To enter, Customers must, if they have recently booked a flight with Icelandair which includes a transfer or stopover in Iceland, follow the link provided on the website to see if there is an event or activity available that ties in with their respective dates on their travel itinerary.
7. Once the Customer has accessed the Performance landing page, they will be presented with a list of events and experience details. Customers should click on the Performance they would like to be in with the chance of winning and enter their flight number along with basic registration details for a chance to win.
6. Upon successful completion of the form Customers will receive an onscreen confirmation of entry.
7. No bulk entries, entries from agents, third parties, syndicates, organized groups or entries automatically generated by a computer, programme, application, script or any automatic method will be accepted. Any person or institutions trying to circumvent this condition by any method, including but not limited to using multiple accounts, will be disqualified along with all entries from associated accounts. Only genuine valid entries will be considered.
8. Anyone, in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, who is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the Promotion or in any way which gives an unfair advantage, will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified.
9. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
10. All entries will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and their third-party adjudicators throughout and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of entry/votes or suspension of the Promotion.
11. The Promoter and any third-party adjudicator shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid entries including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of the entrant and their entry patterns.
12. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
STOPOVER PERFORMANCE PRIZE DETAILS
13. There are 5 (five) airport Performances prizes available to Customers who are transferring between flights in Iceland.
Dates for Transfer Customers
a) 5th October 2017 - Live Lounge Saga – Soley (solo artist)
Closing date 5th September 2017; Draw date 7th September 2017
b) 1st December 2017 - Live Lounge Saga – Kristjana Stef and band (jazz)
Closing date 1st November 2017; Draw date 3rd November 2017
c) 12th January 2018 - Live Lounge Saga – Sigga Soffía (dancer)
Closing date 13th December 2017; Draw date 15th December 2017
d) 6th February 2018 - Live Lounge Saga – Hallgrímur Helgason (author)
Closing date 7th January 2018; Draw date 9th January 2018
e) 7th March 2018 - Live Lounge Saga – Mr. Silla (solo artist)
Closing date 5th February 2018; Draw date 7th February 2018
14. There are an additional 11 (eleven) Performances in Iceland available to Customers who have a stopover in Iceland. The Performances available include music, dance, art, sport and spoken word performances.
Dates for Stopovers
a) 17th October 2017 - Live Lounge Home – Milkywhale
Closing date 17th September 2017; Draw date 19th September 2017
b) 20th November 2017 - Live Lounge Home - Stand-up comic Ari Eldjárn
Closing date 21st October 2017; Draw date 23rd October 2017
Third Party Events
a) Iceland Football 9th October 2017 Closing Date 9th September 2017; Draw date 11th September 2017
b) Airwaves 17 2nd-5th November 2017 Closing Date 3rd October 2017; Draw date 5th October 2017
c) Sigur Ros 27th December 2017 Closing Date 27th November 2017; Draw date 29th November 2017
d) Iceland Basketball February 2018 (actual date tbc) Closing Date & Draw dates to be approximately 30 days and 28 days respectively prior to the event date
e) Food and Fun Festival March 2018 (actual date tbc) Closing Date & Draw dates to be approximately 30 days and 28 days respectively prior to the event date
f) Design March Arts 15th-18th March 2018 Closing Date 13th February 2018; Draw date 15th February 2018
g) Battle of the Bands April 2018 (actual date tbc) Closing Date &Draw dates to be approximately 30 days and 28 days respectively prior to the event date respectively
15. Icelandair Stopover Buddies may facilitate or perform in some of the events. The “Buddies” are Icelandair employees who are proud of their country and do interesting things in their spare time and in this Promotion could act as a guide to further enhance the event experience for the Winners.
16. It is responsibility of the winning Customer (the “Winner”) and their associated guests (“Guests”) to cover all other costs and expenses associated with their chosen Performance which has not been defined by the Promoter.
17. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
18. The Winner will receive no fees in relation to their entry into this Promotion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred.
19. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by a Winner should they be unable to redeem their prize for any reason. The Promoter will not substitute any alternate prize or cash equivalent where a Winner fails to redeem a prize for any reason.
20. Each Winner is liable for any relevant country of residency taxes applicable in order to legally claim the Prize.
21. The Winner of each Performance will be selected at random from all genuine valid Prize Draw entries received for the relevant draw for the event via an independently verified, randomized computer process.
22. The Winners will be contacted by the Promoter 3 (three) working days after the relevant draw date via the email address used to enter the Promotion to validate the winning claim and obtain details of the Winner (including but not limited to: confirmation of flight booking, age and address along with any additional information that may be required for additional checks and bookings).
23. Upon successfully validation, Winners will be allocated either a Stopover Buddy, or will receive details from Icelandair directly, who they will liaise with via email in order to confirm the itinerary of the Performance they have won.
24. All details, tickets and itinerary for the event (plus a meeting place if necessary) will be forwarded to the Winner either via there designated Stopover Buddy or via Icelandair directly within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the confirmation of win and also there will be regular communication prior to the event to ensure all confirmed.
25. If after these reasonable efforts to contact the Winner, no response is received within 7 (seven) days, or they reject the prize or if they are disqualified, then the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize entitlement from such persons with no liability, and they will forfeit the prize. Any unclaimed prizes, those rejected or disqualified prizes will be allocated to a reserve winner drawn at the same time as the original Winner and the process above will be followed.
26. It is the responsibility of the Winner to provide their correct, up-to-date details in order for their prize to be processed. The Promoter, its marketing department or its associated companies cannot be held responsible for Winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance.
27. All Winners and Buddies, if applicable, must accept and agree to the code of conduct prior to the Performance taking place.
28. All Winners must confirm acceptance of their prize prior to the Performance taking place.
29. The Winner is also responsible for paying any additional costs that are not included as part of their Performance package. Any costs of the Buddy will be covered and paid for by Icelandair and no gratuity is expected from the customer.
30. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all promotional matters.
31. Icelandair has the right to use any material which may be acquired during the Transfer or Stopover Performance, such as videos, blog information and photographs. By participating in the promotion, prize winners grant Icelandair exclusive right to use the material for marketing purposes at Icelandair, or its subsidiaries, sole discretion. Prize Winners can opt out from the clause by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
32. Full names and counties/provinces/states of the prize Winners shall be made available to Entrants by sending an email with the subject line “Icelandair Stopover Pass Winners List” to email@example.com within 3 (three) months of the Promotion close date.
33. No correspondence, except for notification of prizes, shall be entered into.
34. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, outside the Promoter's reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value.
35. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
36. The Promoter will undertake reasonable further due diligence checks for the Winner that will include verification of various information and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the Promotion and disqualify the Entrant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this Promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
37. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
i. Any entries/claims that are lost or delayed due to faulty, failed or erroneous electronic data transmissions.
ii. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of this Promotion causing delays or disruption.
iii. For entries /claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
iv. any material harm or non-pecuniary damage caused to the Entrants, their computer equipment and the data stored on it or for the consequences thereof on their personal or business activities.
v. Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet
38. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the prize/gift, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
39. The Promoter reserves the right to ensure that any Entrant will not bring the Promoter or any Icelandair brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavourably on the promotion as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion. In the event that the Promoter is not satisfied of the above in relation to any Entrant following such due diligence checks as may have carried out in accordance with Rule 28, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify such Entrant.
40. Icelandair considers adequate travel insurance to be essential. Icelandair cannot accept responsibility for any cost for Winners that may incur as a result of failing to take out insurance cover. It is the Winners responsibility to ensure that the insurance covers all Winners activities during the program.
Data and Personal Information
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
42. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Iceland. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be considered contrary to law, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
43. Any disputes arising out of these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Iceland.
44. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.