Hot springs and cool northern lights, each a unique experience on their own.
You'll head for Laugarvatn, home to the Fontana Geothermal Baths, and a charming valley town whose hot springs heat the homes and provide running water to locals. While nature prepares to color the sky with the magical northern lights, you'll enjoy relaxing in Fontana´s open air, natural steambath facilities, geothermal hot tubs & pools, and a Finnish sauna. You can even take a dip in the nearby lake! After your refreshing spa experience, enjoy a buffet-style dinner with fellow travellers featuring tasty Icelandic delicacies. Refreshed in body and spirit, you'll cap your evening – weather permitting - with a search for the northern lights dancing in the sky.
- Bus transportation, guidance in English and admission to Laugarvatn Fontana Spa
- Local style Icelandic buffet
- Daily departures at 18:00. Pick-up 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point!
- Seasonal tour operated September - April, approximate duration 7 hours
- Online offer only
- Northern lights sightings are not guaranteed. No refund or reduction in price if northern lights are not seen during tour
- Please note tour operators will not pick up/drop off passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavík
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks during dinner are not included, but are available for purchase at the restaurant
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Don't forget to bring a swimsuit and a towel (can be rented on the spot).
- There are separate communal changing and shower rooms for men and women. Cleanliness is a fundamental aspect of geothermal spa experience and a full body shower, without a bathing suit, is absolutely essential prior to entering the spa area.
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
- Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended.