The following baggage allowance applies to Icelandair flights only.
If your travel arrangements include more than one airline, other baggage allowances may apply. That may also affect fees applied and any duty free purchases that you make on your journey.
Please study the baggage allowances of our codeshare and interline partners carefully, as well as the information on your ticket.
You can purchase additional baggage allowance when managing your booking.
Checked Baggage Allowance
|Saga Class||2 bags weighing up to 70 lbs (32kg) each|
|Economy Comfort||2 bags weighing up to 50 lbs (23kg) each|
|Economy Standard||1 bag weighing up to 50 (23kg) lbs|
|Economy Light||No checked baggage|
|Saga Gold and Saga Silver members||1 extra bag in addition to general baggage allowance. Weight depends on cabin type*|
|Infants||Infants are allowed 1 checked bag, except for when traveling in Economy Light. A stroller and car seat or carrying basket are always included.|
|Children 2-11 years old||Children 2-11 years old can have the same baggage allowance as an adult traveling in the same travel class. In addition, a completely folding stroller is allowed free of charge.|
Total dimensions of a checked bag may not exceed 62 inches (158cm).
If our customers are traveling on Economy Class or Economy Comfort the extra bag may weigh up to 50 lbs (23kg). If traveling on Saga Class the extra bag may weigh up to 70 lbs (32kg).
Carry-on Baggage Allowance
|Saga Class||2 bags weighing up to 22 lbs (10kg) each in addition to one small personal item (e.g. a small handbag or laptop bag).|
|Economy Comfort||2 bags weighing up to 22 lbs (10kg) each in addition to one small personal item (e.g. a small handbag or laptop bag).|
|Economy Standard||1 bag weighing up to 22 lbs (10kg) in addition to one small personal item (e.g. a small handbag or laptop bag).|
|Economy Light||1 bag weighing up to 22 lbs (10kg) in addition to one small personal item (e.g. a small handbag or laptop bag).|
Total dimensions of a carry-on bag may not exceed 45 inches (114cm).
Children with a reserved seat are allowed the same amount of carry-on baggage as an adult
Please note that infants under 2 years of age without a reserved seat do not have their own carry-on baggage allowance.
- The table below lists prices for excess baggage when traveling on Icelandair operated flights.
- Prices apply to flights in one direction only.
- 20% discount off below prices applies when pre-purchased.
|Baggage type||Iceland - Europe||Iceland - USA/CAN||Europe - USA/CAN|
1-23 kg (up to 50 lbs)
23-32 kg (50 - 70 lbs)
|Skis | Angling | Golf
Weapons | Diving | Hockey
|Kites | Surfboards | Bikes||$110||$132||$154|
|Kayaks | Vaulting Poles
Windsurfing | Boards
|Musical Instruments **||$56||$65||$77|
|Animal in hold||$168||$197||$231|
* Extra and heavy bags are charged per flight leg when traveling with a Stopover in Iceland.
** Musical instruments cannot exceed the total dimensions of 62 inches.
- Golf, ski, angling, weapons, diving and hockey equipment may be included in the baggage allowance instead of a normal bag.
- Other types of sports equipment may not be part of the free baggage allowance.
- Extra bag, golf and ski equipment can be purchased online.
- Heavy bag and weapons are only payable at airport check-in.
- All baggage items that are not listed above are charged according to normal excess baggage charges.
- Maximum baggage allowance per passenger is 10 checked bags. Passengers exceeding that allowance should contact Icelandair Cargo.