The Reykjanes Geopark is located on a peninsula divided between two continents - a true Volcanic Wonder!
Explore one of the most iconic features of the Icelandic volcanic landscape, the boiling mud pools of Seltún, and the steaming colorful surrounding landscape, hear the roaring Atlantic Ocean, see endless lava fields, volcanic craters, and what many call an alien landscape, decorated by windblown palagonite and petrified troll formations.
You'll visit the youngest volcano in Iceland, Fagradalsfjall Volcano, and the surrounding lava fields. The hike up to the craters takes about 40 minutes, where you will be able to explore the devastating yet beautiful aftermath of this recent volcanic eruption. After the volcano hike, you'll stop by the bridge between continents, where you can walk between the continental plates that divide the peninsula.
Before dropping you off at the Blue Lagoon, a stop by the largest mud pool in Iceland, Gunnuhver is in order. You can feel the ground shake from the enormous power released from the boiling water and steam released.
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 30 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Local, professional guide
- Free Wi-Fi available on buses
- Online offer only
- Tour duration: Approximately 10 hours
- Minimum age: Eight (8) years old
- Have your voucher ready, either in digital or printed form, at your transfer pick-up point.
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Not included with this tour: Lunch and/or other refreshments
- Tour operated by Reykjavik Excursions
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
The operator of the tour: Reykjavik Excursions will follow the recommendations of the Civil protection service and cancel the tour if circumstances at the eruption site are unsafe.
Please be aware of the public guidance for hikers visiting the site. For more information visit the Department of Civil Protection.
- Be aware that the weather can change quickly.
- Wear hiking shoes, warm and waterproof clothing.
- Assume that the journey may take longer than planned.
- Bring a packed lunch and water to drink.
- Keep an eye on your travel companions. Fatigue and hypothermia come quickly.
- Stick to hills and ridges. Avoid valleys and dells in the landscape.
- There is a risk of rock fall. Beware of steep slopes
- The telephone connection in the area is bad and it can therefore be difficult to call for help if needed.
- Eruption sites can change, and new eruption cracks may open on short notice.
- Gas pollution is strongest close to the area and can lurk in valleys and dells where it is particularly dangerous.
- Gas pollution can change on short notice if the eruption suddenly increases, and it is dangerous to be near the eruption sites without measuring instruments.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.