This daily tour of the Golden Circle and visit to the Fontana geothermal baths is a wonderful combination of scenic natural wonders, history and relaxation. You'll visit three of Iceland´s most famous places; Gullfoss waterfall, Thingvellir national park, and starting off with the Geysir hot spring area, which also includes a multimedia show that dives deeper into the local geysir activities. Afterwards you'll head down to the lakeside to enjoy the recently-renovated natural steam baths. Located in the summer holiday region of Laugarvatn, the Fontana includes three geothermally heated baths, a sauna, a warm sand beach, and access to the pristine waters of Lake Laugarvatn. A visit to the open air baths will also give you the opportunity to experience the beautiful countryside with its mountains, lakes and lava fields. Before heading back to Reykjavik, you'll have a chance to taste and enjoy some unique Icelandic rye bread that has been naturally slow baked underground in the natural hot springs.
- Includes bus transportation, guidance in English and admission to Laugarvatn Fontana Spa with local rye bread tasting
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process.
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 30 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Operated year round, approximate duration 9 hours
- Average tour group size: 19
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Not included: Meals
- Remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel (can be rented on the spot).
- There are separate communal changing and shower rooms for men and women. Cleanliness is a fundamental aspect of geothermal spa experience and a full body shower, without a bathing suit, is absolutely essential prior to entering the spa area.
- Tour operated by Reykjavik Excursions
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
- Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended.