Don't miss this opportunity to ride a friendly Icelandic horse into a lovely region of the Icelandic countryside including volcanoes, lava formations and lakes. Pure bred since Viking days, the sturdy Icelandic horse has a smooth gait for crossing rough Icelandic terrain, and are well suited for beginners and experienced riders.
- Transportation, guidance in English and warm overalls, raingear, riding boots and helmets
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 60 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Operated year round, approximate duration 4 hours (1.5 - 2 hours riding)
- Average tour group size: 20
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Not included: meals and refreshments
- Tour operated by Ishestar
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
- Personal insurance is not included and is highly recommended
Horse riding tour at a beginner level with no previous riding experience needed. Participants must be able to get on and off the horse by their own strength. Minimum age for children is 8 years. Pregnant women are not permitted to join the riding tours.