Step out of your comfort zone and experience a new world inside one of the biggest lava tunnels in Iceland, measuring 30 metres wide and 10 metres high.
This 1-hour guided Lava Tunnel tour is truly one for the senses. Located only 30 minutes from Reykjavík, you’ll witness the inner workings of a volcanic eruption inside the lava tunnel Raufarhólshellir. By walking in the path of lava that flowed thousands of years ago, you’ll see the tunnel wall’s fantastic range of colors created by the rock’s variety of minerals. With the lava tube’s entrance ceiling having caved in, creating beautiful columns of light, you can see why scenes from the Anthony Hopkins-starring film ‘Noah’ were shot here. Both a flashlight and protective helmet are provided for your safety.
- Bus transportation, one hour guided cave tour, flashlight and protective helmet
- Daily departures at 09:00/13:00. Pick-up 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point!
- Operated year round, approximate duration 3 hours
- Online offer only
- Children 2 years of age and younger are not permitted on this tour
- Please note tour operators will not pick up/drop off passengers staying at hotels outside of Reykjavík
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals not included during the tour
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
- Personal insurance is not included and is highly recommended