This three-hour cruise provides you the chance to see minke, white-beaked and humpback whales! During the summer, wildlife in the bay is at its peak, with sightings of Harbour porpoises and other whale species, including Orcas and even Fin whales. In the winter, a whole new experience with the fresh, crisp air and a low-lying sun casting a warm glow over the white-capped mountains. The weather and sea conditions can be challenging during the winter and when necessary, vessels are moved to harbours of more sheltered areas around the Reykjanes peninsula, allowing for a more comfortable and reliable whale watching experience. Please note, tours are subject to weather conditions and visibility.
- Whale watching tour with a professional guide
- Use of warm overalls onboard
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 45 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Operated year round, approximate duration 3 hours
- Online offer only
- Wildlife abundance is unpredictable and sightings are not guaranteed
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- Tour operated by Elding
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended.