Icelandair “Team Iceland” Stopover 2018: Code of Conduct
Icelandair Hosts, Team Iceland experience guides and Icelandair Customers
An Icelandair Stopover should be a fun, educational and unforgettable experience. Iceland is a culturally and environmentally diverse country, with an enormous amount of things to do and a fascinating history. We hope you are looking forward to your time in the country as well as the event that you are attending as part of the special Team Iceland Stopover activity, and would like to ask you to take a few moments to read through our Code of Conduct and consider the impact that your visit can have on local communities and natural environments before you arrive.
- This Code of Conduct (“Code”) applies to all employees of Icelandair Group and its subsidiaries which have agreed to act as hosts (“hosts”) on the Icelandair Team Iceland Stopover Program: assisting Customers as a host, or liaison with all parties to get the “Team Iceland” experience, up and running for them.
- The code of conduct also extends in this instance to the special “Team Iceland” coaches, certified practioners, operators or professional tutors (“TI Coaches etc.”), in Iceland will operate the special activities.
Support Like an Icelander: Lucky fans will get the chance to attend the Iceland v Norway game in Reykjavik on 2 June and see the team before they fly to Russia. To make the experience even more special, prior to the match they will be invited to a fan meeting with Heimir Hallgrímsson to hear him talk tactics and team selection ahead of the game.
Equal Play: Lucky fans will get the chance to attend the Iceland Women’s National Team game vs Slovenia on June 11th to enjoy the match like a local.
Train the Icelandic Way: Forget weights in the gym and squats, this is a training session designed by an Icelandic football coach, where passengers will be put you through their paces whilst enjoying the stunning natural beauty the area.
Relax Like a Pro: This 90-minute experience will allow lucky participants to relax at Laugarvatn Fontana, enjoying geothermal baths and a sauna (for those brave enough they can even take an invigorating dip in the cool lake!). This will be followed by a stop in the stunning Þingvellir National Park to enjoy the view with a picnic of Icelandic treats
Footballing Family: We’ll give younger travelers the chance to gain some football tips with a 90-minute session at Breidablik. This will involve everything from one-to-one advice from the coaches, a session showcasing some of the success stories from the Academy and the chance to have a training session with fellow youngsters.
Goal in One: This 90-minute experience will involve playing a 9-hole round of golf on one of the best courses in Iceland, including spending time with the club pro, who will help our players work on everything from their swing to their putting. Then it’s time to chill out and enjoy some incredible ice cream.
- Please note that some of the clauses in this Code may be irrelevant for some of the activities that are included as part of the Team Iceland Stopover Program, however it is important that this Code in general is understood.
The Team Iceland Stopover experiences will hopefully open up a new and exciting way for Icelandair’s Stopover passengers to enjoy some of the sights and sounds of Iceland and what the country has to offer in this special year and the link to “Team Iceland” will give them a special twist on the stopover theme. The objectives of this Code are:
- To ensure that the Hosts and the TI Coaches possess correct principles concerning their service, and fine professional qualities and ethics in order to provide the highest standard of service for Icelandair Stopover passengers
- To encourage the continuing education and self-development of Hosts and if applicable the TI Coaches where relevant in order to enhance the experience for Stopover passengers;
- To cultivate an earnest, responsible working attitude of Hosts and TI coaches;
- To uphold the reputation of Iceland tourism as well as Icelandair;
- To ensure the service meets the requirements as set out in the Terms and Conditions, is constantly reviewed and improvements or changes added to ensure best practice requirements are available to any existing or future Stopover passenger.
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall strive to provide the highest standard of service, in advance and on the day, in an honest and fair manner.
- Hosts and if applicable the TI Coaches shall familiarise themselves with and act accordingly, to the provisions and spirit of this Code, all applicable regulatory requirements, Icelandair’s internal rules such as the Employee’s Manuals and uphold the principle of representing Iceland and its tourist industry.
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall understand their duties, will obtain feedback from the Customers and be prepared and ready to contribute to the development of Icelandair’s Stopover or Via Service.
- Hosts and TI Coaches Professional Ethics
- Provision of Highest Standard of Service.
Hosts and TI Coaches shall strive to provide Stopover passengers with the highest standard of service in accordance with the provisions of the terms and conditions of the Team Iceland Stopover and the agreed itinerary, options or events. The agreed itinerary, options or events shall not be altered without the knowledge of the Stopover passengers only when circumstances/ situations or last minute agreed changes occur. Where possible Hosts and TI Coaches will clearly explain the reasons for such alteration to the Stopover passengers and offer alternatives.
- Promoting a Spirit of Co-operation.
Hosts and TI Coaches shall maintain when relevant a good and incorruptible working relationship with key stakeholders and partners, such as specialist tour escorts and tour coach drivers and the staff of all service providers such as attractions, event management personnel, hotels, restaurants, tour and coach companies, to ensure that the services specified in terms and conditions are provided at the highest level.
- Ensure respect is given by Stopover passengers with respect to the environment and citizens; communicate the need to be gracious and aware of individual requirements; promote, listen and learn about the geographical infrastructure and ensure Stopover passengers only leave ‘footprints’ and take only photos and memories.
- Abiding by the law. Hosts and TI Coaches shall abide by, and help Stopover passengers to understand and abide by, the laws and ethical customs and practices of Iceland.
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall have the right to withdraw from the Team Iceland Stopover Service or an activity associated with the program if they feel there is a potential risk with respect to the integrity, reputation or safety of themselves, the Stopover passengers, a third party or Icelandair.
- Provision of Highest Standard of Service.
- Compliance of Professional Ethics
Hosts and TI Coaches shall adhere to professional ethics. When dealing with Stopover passengers they shall:
- be dutiful, sincere, courteous and attentive;
- speak and act cautiously, discreetly, and be objective in their attitude;
- be knowledgeable about Iceland or their chosen part of Iceland or activity;
- provide Stopover passengers with accurate information;
- respect the religious belief, customs and habits of Stopover passengers;
- be punctual in performing duties;
- not smoke, drink alcohol or gamble in the presence of Stopover passengers if it is considered inappropriate to do so or without their consent;
- not sell illicit items to passengers or recommend them to buy such items;
- not seize or take away or attempt to seize or take away the travel documents of Stopover passengers unless such an act is made on proper grounds and lasts for a reasonable time and an indication of rationale and when they will be returned is given;
- maintain appropriate professional boundaries and avoid improper contact or relationships and not attempt to establish an inappropriate relationship with any Stopover passengers by means which might include
- communication of a personal nature;
- engaging in an inappropriate communication via the internet or by other means
- sending e-mails or text messages of an inappropriate nature;
- not discuss their own intimate and personal relationships and be mindful to maintain an appropriate balance between formality and informality when dealing with Stopover passengers;
- be aware of the potential dangers of being alone with a Stopover passenger;
- not engage in behaviour of a criminal nature, especially related to sex, dishonesty, firearms, misuse of drugs and violence against a person or property or serious public order offences;
- not partake in relationships of a sexual nature with Stopover passengers
- prevent any injustice, such as bullying, sexual harassment or discrimination based on aspects that are not reasonable to implement, such as gender, age, religion, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.
Hosts and TI Coaches shall dress appropriately to enhance the professional image of Icelandair and in this instance the Team Iceland Stopover. When performing their duties, Hosts and TI Coaches shall always have identification to confirm the involvement with the Team Iceland Icelandair Stopover Service. Identification does not affect culpability and the Stopover passenger is clearly responsible for their own actions and have the required safety and necessary insurance cover.
Ensure that Hosts and TI Coaches consider reasonable adjustments to the way they deliver their services and options so that disabled people can use them, and take reasonable steps to tackle any physical features of arrangement that prevent, or make it unreasonably difficult for disabled people to access their services, offering them a suitable alternative to meet their respective needs.
- Promotion of Iceland
Hosts and if applicable TI Coaches shall ensure sustained development of the service by:
- always having regard first and foremost for the interests of Stopover passengers and the reputation of Icelandair and Team Iceland third parties and its goals and objectives within Iceland; and
- encouraging Stopover passengers to assist in protecting such tourism resources of Iceland as cultural and heritage sites, the natural environment and tourist attractions, and maintaining public hygiene and public order; and
- acting as Icelandic ambassadors and actively promoting tourism as well as other local industries for the benefits of Iceland’s economy.
- Principles on the acceptance of gratuities
- To maintain a professional image, Hosts and TI Coaches shall not collect gratuities by any coercive means, nor shall they exhibit dissatisfaction, provide sub-standard service or refuse to provide service because few or no gratuities are given.
- Hosts shall follow Icelandair’s policies concerning gratuities and shall not make use of any fraudulent acts to collect them and TI Coaches will adhere to the same standards.
- Principles governing potential tourist activities (if relevant)
- Hosts and TI Coaches if applicable shall only highlight potential tourist activities for Stopover passengers which are approved by Icelandair or the local tourist board and meet the potential requirements of the Stopover passengers.
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall not compel Stopover passengers to join potential tourist activities (including by such means as exerting group pressure or leaving Stopover passengers with no other choice), and shall allow Stopover passengers to choose freely whether to join such activities or not.
- Prior to arranging any potential tourist activities, Hosts and if applicable TI Coaches shall explain clearly to Stopover passengers that the Icelandair Stopover Service is only a mechanism to open up options. The content, safety and responsibility issues will need to be duly considered prior to their participation.
- Hosts and if applicable TI Coaches shall advise of the appropriate alternatives and assist if possible for those Stopover passengers who choose not to join potential Stopover Program activities.
- Any other additional charges
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall not in any way collect or collect for others, or attempt to collect or collect for others any fees from the Stopover passengers
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall not in any way collect or attempt to collect any additional charges if people leave in the middle of the trip unless these charges were agreed to be paid on the trip in advance and clearly explained.
- Safety of Stopover passengers
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall, as a top priority, always inform Stopover passengers of the safety requirements and remind them to be aware of their personal safety.
- In case of any accidents or passengers feeling unwell, Hosts and TI Coaches shall help arrange immediate treatment for the Stopover passengers and seek assistance from Icelandair without delay. Hosts and TI Coaches shall report any strange or particular incident to the appropriate authorities if necessary.
- If Stopover passengers are feeling unwell, Hosts and TI Coaches shall immediately arrange for the Stopover passengers, in accordance with their wishes, to leave the Stopover Program or take a rest at other suitable places. In case of urgency, hosts shall arrange for the Stopover passengers to see a doctor or call the ambulance service as soon as possible.
- Acceptance of Advantages
- Icelandair has a zero-tolerance approach to the making or receiving of bribes or corrupt payments, in any form. This type of conduct is absolutely prohibited whether committed by Hosts, TI Coaches or anyone else acting on the Company’s behalf.
- Hosts and TI Coaches should not get involved in any business transactions that could result in personal benefit. Hosts and TI Coaches should not use the position as an Icelandair employee or associated with Team Iceland programme to get discounts from contractors/suppliers/any stakeholder unless they are agreed discounts notified and made available to all Hosts and TI Coaches.
- Conflict of interest
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall avoid situations which may lead to an actual or perceived conflict of interest situation and report any unavoidable conflict of interest situations to Icelandair.
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall carry out duties and responsibilities conscientiously and with proper regard to the Stopover passengers.
- Handling of confidential information
- Hosts and TI Coaches shall abide by the relevant data protection law including GDPR and shall not disclose any personal data regarding Stopover passengers without their consent and then only with the authorisation and agreement as deemed in the program with Icelandair and whilst adhering to the relevant guidelines.
- Hosts and TI Coaches who have access to or control of the above information shall at all times ensure its security and prevent any abuse or misuse of the information.
- Interpretation, Enforcement and Penalty
This Code is monitored together with the Terms and Conditions of the Team Iceland Stopover Program and shall be observed by all Hosts and when applicable the TI Coaches Enforcement and decisions on violations of this Code are made in accordance with interpretations by the Board of Directors of Icelandair. The Board has the power to penalise persons found in breach of this Code through Icelandair’s standard disciplinary procedures and reserves the right to amend any provisions of this Code if deemed necessary.
Icelandair has the right to use any material which may be acquired during the Team Iceland Stopover Program, such as videos, blog information and photographs. By participating in the Team Iceland Stopover Program, all Hosts and TI Coaches who will have the appropriate agreements and authorisation from the relevant authorities grant Icelandair exclusive rights to use the material for marketing purposes at Icelandair, or its subsidiaries, sole discretion. Hosts and TI Coaches can if authorization has not been agreed opt out from this clause by sending an email request to email@example.com.
Icelandair Stopover passengers can participate in the Team Iceland Stopover for the period that this special program is available. Stopover Customers are those Customers who have booked a transatlantic flight from Europe to North America or North America that involves a stay in Iceland (with either involved in one of the Team Iceland activities).
- By participating in the Team Iceland Stopover Program, Stopover passengers are aware of the Terms and Conditions and Code of Conduct and will adhere to the requirements of both.
- Stopover passengers will respect the principles, service and professional qualities and ethics of their Hosts or TI Coaches
- Stopover passengers will listen to all advice and be respectful at all times to Hosts and TI Coaches and key stakeholders involved in the Team Iceland Stopover Program who are striving to give them the service that they require.
- Stopover passengers will conduct themselves in a manner which allows the Hosts and TI Coaches to uphold the reputation of the Team Iceland Stopover Service and all associated and applicable third-party stakeholders and Icelandair.
- Stopover passengers will be respectful of the environment and citizens of Iceland.
- Stopover passengers will ensure their participation in the Icelandair Team Stopover Program conduct does not cause any damage to the environment, citizens, third party stakeholders, their Host or TI Coaches or the reputation of Icelandair and they leave only ‘footprints’, taking with them only photographs and memories of their visit.
- Stopover passengers shall abide by this Code of Conduct, the laws and ethical customs and practices of Iceland.
- Stopover passengers shall have the right to withdraw from the Team Iceland Stopover Program, or an activity if they feel there is a potential risk to themselves providing valid reasons are given.
- Stopover passengers shall not buy or sell illicit items when taking part in the Team Iceland Stopover Program.
- Stopover passengers shall provide, if asked, all relevant documentation.
- Stopover passengers shall not engage in improper contact or relationships and not attempt to establish an inappropriate relationship with the Hosts and TI Coaches including, but not limited to, email, text or communication via the internet of an inappropriate nature.
- Stopover passengers will not engage in behaviours of a criminal nature, especially related to sex, dishonesty, firearms, misuse of drugs and violence against a person or property or serious public order offences.
- Stopover passengers shall not partake in relationships of a sexual nature.
- Stopover passengers shall not partake in any injustice, such as bullying, sexual harassment, or discrimination based on aspects that are not reasonable to implement, such as gender, age, religion, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.
- Stopover passengers Customers shall dress appropriately for the duration of the Team Iceland Stopover Program.
- Stopover passengers shall be responsible for their own actions.
- Stopover passengers shall have the appropriate level of insurance cover at all times and provide proof to the host and Icelandair when requested.
- Stopover passengers shall assist in protecting such tourism resources of Iceland as cultural and heritage sites, the natural environment and tourist attractions, and maintaining public hygiene and public order.
- Stopover passengers shall, when making a purchase of goods or services at their own cost, understand their consumer rights, which include:
- the right to make or not to make purchases,
- the right to obtain information on products and services,
- the freedom to choose products and services, and
- the right to complain, and/or request their purchases to be exchanged or refunded as with any local law
- Stopover passengers shall ensure they are medically fit to partake in the activities planned and notify the Hosts and TI Coaches of anything or any medical conditions that may affect their ability to take part.
- Stopover passengers shall notify their Hosts and TI Coaches if they are feeling unwell during the program so the Hosts and TI Coaches can assist with making the necessary arrangements for treatment.
- Stopover passengers shall abide by the relevant data protection law including GDPR and shall not disclose any personal data regarding the Hosts and TI Coaches without their consent and then only with the authorisation and agreement as deemed in the program with Icelandair and whilst adhering to the relevant guidelines.
Stopover passengers who have access to or control of the above information shall at all times ensure its security, confidentiality and prevent any abuse or misuse of the information.
- Stopover passengers acknowledge that Icelandair has the right to use any material which may be acquired during the Team Iceland Stopover Program, such as videos, blog information and photographs. By participating in the Team Iceland Stopover Program, all Stopover passengers grant Icelandair exclusive rights to use the material for marketing purposes at Icelandair, or its subsidiaries, sole discretion. Stopover passengers can opt out from this clause by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Code of Conduct together with the Terms and Conditions of the Team Iceland Stopover Service shall be observed by all Stopover passengers.