The opportunity to ride the beautiful and friendly Icelandic horse through a lovely region of the countryside is one not to be missed.
Purebred since Viking days, the sturdy Icelandic horse has a smooth gait for crossing rough Icelandic terrain, making this day tour well-suited for beginners and experienced riders alike.
Please note carrying backpacks and bags is not allowed during the horseback ride, but there are safety boxes at the Riding Center where you can store your valuables. Also, bringing your own riding gear is not necessary for this tour. However, if you do (boots, trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) it needs to be washed in 40°C/104°F temperature water, dry-cleaned or disinfected before arriving in Iceland. Used leather riding gear may not be brought into the country.
- Transportation, guidance in English and warm overalls, rain gear, riding boots and helmets
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 60 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Operated year round; approximate duration 4 hours (1.5 - 2 hours riding)
- Average tour group size: 20
- Online offer only
- This add-on is not allowed for children 7 and under, pregnant women, and those weighing over 243 pounds
- Participants must be able to get on and off the horse by their own strength
- Tours departing prior to 12pm are not recommended for passengers with morning arrivals from North America
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Your choice of complimentary coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available free of charge
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour but light lunches are available for purchase
- Tour operated by Íshestar
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.