A trek on the hardy, sure-footed Icelandic horse is an experience to remember. These friendly horses, with their alert and willing nature, are a pleasure to ride in their natural surroundings, regardless of your age or riding experience.
You'll be picked up at your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik and driven to Laxnes Horse Farm, only 20 minutes from Reykjavik. At the farm you'll get all basic gear, such as helmets, boots and rain clothes (snowsuits in wintertime). Staff ask about your riding experience and choose the horse to match your needs. The tour lasts around 2 hours (1.5 hours in winter) and takes you on a trek through either the lush valley surrounding the farm; the riverbank route that crosses the stream on the way towards the ocean; or into the hillside behind the farm to Tröllafoss waterfall, where the trolls bathe after midnight on a full moon.
- Transportation, guidance in English and warm overalls, rain gear, riding boots and helmets
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Pick-up 60 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point
- Operated year round; approximate duration 3.5-4 hours (1.5-2 hours riding)
- Online offer only
- This add-on is not allowed for children 7 and under (exceptions can be made if the child has riding experience), pregnant women, and those weighing over 120kg/243 pounds
- Participants must be able to get on and off the horse by their own strength
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- Tours departing prior to 12pm are not recommended for passengers with morning arrivals from North America
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour but light lunches are available for purchase
- Tour operated by Laxnes Horse Farm
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.