Set sail on an intimate puffin-watching experience, perfect for bird-watching enthusiasts and novices alike.
This one-hour tour conveniently departs from Reykjavík harbour aboard a charming wooden boat known as “Old Skuli”, and with a 100% viewing guarantee, you won’t leave disappointed!
The cruise visits two small islands located in the Reykjavík bay area well known for their colourful birdlife. Upon arrival the engine is turned off so you can observe the variety of Icelandic birds and the beautiful surroundings. The licensed guide will share their knowledge of puffins and other birds of interest that are often seen on the tour, including northern Fulmars, Gulls, Arctic Terns, and Black Guillemots. Binoculars are provided on board.
- Guided boat tour
- Guaranteed sightings, binoculars provided onboard
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Pick-up starts 45 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point
- Seasonal tour May-August; approximate duration one hour (excluding pick-up)
- Online offer only
- Tour is dependent on favourable weather conditions
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- Tours departing prior to 12pm are not recommended for passengers with morning arrivals from North America
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- Tour operated by Special Tours
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.