Experience the rippling, ever-changing colors of the Aurora Borealis away from the glow of the city as you depart from Reykjavík harbor under the dark night of the North Atlantic.
Your tour guide will share their knowledge on the natural phenomena of the northern lights, its surrounding folklore and superstition, as well as explaining the underlying scientific facts that make this magical light show possible. The tour boat is ideally designed for sightseeing cruises, with excellent viewing areas on the outside decks, and a warm and cozy seating area inside if you get too cold. The tour is dependent on weather and sea conditions; if a cancellation is needed due to unfavorable conditions, other interesting options will be provided for you by the tour operator. Warm overalls are also provided if the cold sneaks up on you more than anticipated!
- Boat tour with a professional guide
- Use of warm overalls onboard
- Departures October 1 – March 14 at 9pm (pick up from hotels 8 - 8:45pm)
- Departures September 1 – 30 and March 15 – April 15 at 10pm (pick up from hotels 9 - 9:45pm). Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point!
- Seasonal tour operated September – April; approximate duration 3 hours
- Online offer only
- Northern lights sightings are not guaranteed. No refund or reduction in price if northern lights are not seen during tour
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík.
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- Tour operated by Special Tours
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.