On this, one of our newest and most exciting day tours, you'll visit Sólheimajökull, an outlet glacier that flows from the main ice-cap of Mýrdalsjökull where the mighty volcano Katla rests.
You'll have an hour to walk atop the glacier with your certified, expert guide using special crampons, perfect for exploring the cracks and crevasses of this magnificent ice structure. You'll also visit the stunning Skógafoss waterfall where, if you're ready for some climbing, you can take all 527 steps to see the majestic 60-meter high waterfall from above and witness the water plummet down on its way to the Atlantic Ocean. You'll also visit Seljalandsfoss waterfall, one of Iceland’s most famous attractions that enables you to walk behind its magnificent wall of water. The all-new tour coaches are equipped with computer tablets in each seat, including a GPS-sensitive In-Bus Audio Guide available in 10 languages (Chinese, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish). USB chargers and free Wi-Fi is also available on-board.
- Roundtrip bus transportation, professional tour and glacier guide
- Departures at 09:00. Pick-up 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point
- Operated year round; approximate duration 11 hours
- Online offer only
- A minimum shoe size of 35 is required for mandatory use of crampons during the glacier walk
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- Tours departing prior to 12pm are not recommended for passengers with morning arrivals from North America
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.