Step out of your comfort zone and experience a new world inside one of the biggest lava tunnels in Iceland, measuring 30 metres wide and 10 metres high.
This 1-hour guided Lava Tunnel tour is truly one for the senses. Located only 30 minutes from Reykjavík, you’ll witness the inner workings of a volcanic eruption inside the lava tunnel Raufarhólshellir. By walking in the path of lava that flowed thousands of years ago, you’ll see the tunnel wall’s fantastic range of colors created by the rock’s variety of minerals. With the lava tube’s entrance ceiling having caved in, creating beautiful columns of light, you can see why scenes from the Anthony Hopkins-starring film ‘Noah’ were shot here. Both a flashlight and protective helmet are provided for your safety.
- Online offer only
- Children 2 years of age and younger are not permitted on this tour
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.