Whales are currently the largest species on earth, and yet it can be hard to fully comprehend how enormous and boisterous these creatures are when encountering them in their natural habitat.
When you book this tour today with Icelandair Holidays, the opportunity is yours to view these phenomenal creatures up close at the great Whales of Iceland Exhibition. This fascinating exhibit, the largest in Europe, displays 23 life-size models of whale species found in the ocean waters around Iceland, along with the history and interesting facts about each. Standing beside these life-size creatures is a unique experience both awe-inspiring, and humbling.
During the Whale Watching tour you’ll witness the wild behavior of the whales in Faxaflói bay, including Minke whales, Harbour porpoises, Humpback whales and White beaked dolphins. The tour includes a guide that helps provide you the best on-board experience possible while enjoying the day’s search for these phenomenal creatures. Please note, tours are subject to weather conditions and visibility. In case of no sightings you will get a ticket to join the tour again at another time.
- Daily, morning and afternoon departures available year-round
- Guided, whale watching boat tour with a professional guide
- Warm floatable overalls provided for your comfort & safety – overalls also available in children’s sizes!
- Free Wi-Fi, a café and restrooms on board
- Admission to Whales of Iceland Exhibition either before or after the whale watching tour
- A live guided tour of Whales of Iceland, offered daily at 13:30
- Audio guide at Whales of Iceland with over 10 languages available
- Online offer only
- Tour duration: Approximately 3 – 5 hours
- The starting point for the whale watching tour is the Special Tours Ticket Office located at Ægisgarður 13 in Reykjavík’s Old Harbour.
- A valid ID is required at time of check-in
- Whales of Iceland Exhibition is located just a 10-minute walk from Special Tours, and is open daily from 10am – 5pm
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Whale watching tour is subject to both weather conditions and visibility
- Whale sightings are not guaranteed, however if they are not seen the tour operator will provide you with a complimentary ticket on the next available tour that works for you
- Not included with this tour: Food purchases at the onboard café
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.