The hotline is available for all Icelandair passengers.
Receive the hotline phone number with your booking confirmation.
Our Buddies are ready to answer your questions about Iceland.
You can connect with a Buddy, an Icelandair staff member ready to answer your questions and make travel suggestions, via a phone call or Facebook Messenger. They are passionate about our country and they have the insider knowledge to help make the most of your time. Our Buddies have all volunteered to be part of this initiative.
All Icelandair passengers have access to the hotline once their flight is booked, so why not make the most of your trip by giving a Buddy a call?
Buddy Hotline Opening Hours
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ICELANDAIR BUDDY HOTLINE
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Icelandair, Company ID number: 461202-3490
I. “Icelandair Buddy Hotline” is a limited service where Icelandair passengers can call the hotline service and speak to an Icelandair Buddy in order to gain travel information about Iceland, the service launches on 10th April 2019 and continues until 8th July 2019.
II. The “Customer” is a passenger of Icelandair who has/have purchased a flight and wishes to participate with the Icelandair Buddy Hotline.
III. “Icelandair” is a commercial airline with its offices and legal jurisdiction in Iceland.
2. About the service
I. The Icelandair Buddy Hotline Service opens a new and exciting way for Icelandair’s customers to enjoy much more of the sights and sounds of Iceland by getting local expertise on travel reccomendations.
II. Icelandair Buddies are Icelandair employees who will be answering the hotline call number.
III. Where-ever possible information regarding significant changes in the hotline will be posted online thus allowing passengers to be aware of any changes.
3. Data and Personal Information
I. Icelandair will abide by the relevant data protection laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation and shall keep your data confidential and not disclose any personal data regarding Customers without their consent.
III. There will be an exchange of personal data in order for the Icelandair Buddy and Customer to interact.
4. Fees and Payments
I. Participation in the Icelandair Buddy Hotline is free of charge. Icelandair to update on call charges as per their customer service phone number.
5. Cancellation Policy
I. In the event of circumstances outside the Promoter's reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, Icelandair has the right to cancel the Buddy Hotline at any time at its sole discretion.
6. Liability and Insurance
I. Icelandair is not responsible for any activities reccomended by an Icelandair Buddy.
II. Icelandair will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever related to any travel.
III. Icelandair considers adequate travel insurance to be essential. Icelandair cannot accept responsibility for any cost for Customer that may incur as a result of failing to take out insurance cover. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that the insurance covers all Customer’s activities.
7. Governing Law & Jurisdiction
I. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Iceland. If any provision of the Terms & Conditions will be considered to be contrary to law, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
II Any disputes arising out of these Terms & Conditions shall be resolved exclusively by the Courts of Iceland.
III If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR ICELANDAIR BUDDY HOTLINE
This Code of Conduct applies to all employees of Icelandair Group and its subsidiaries which have agreed to act as Buddies on the Icelandair Buddy Hotline Service.
The Icelandair Buddy Hotline Service will open a new and exciting way for Icelandair’s customers to enjoy much more of the sights and sounds of Iceland and what the country has to offer. The objectives of this Code of Conduct are:
I. To ensure that the Buddy Hotline Program possesses correct principles concerning their service, and fine professional qualities and ethics in order to provide the highest standard of service for Icelandair customers;
II. To encourage the continuing education and self-development of Hotline Buddies where relevant in order to enhance the experience for customers;
III. To cultivate an earnest, responsible working attitude of Hotline Buddies;
IV. To uphold the reputation of Iceland tourism as well as Icelandair;
V. To ensure the service meets the requirements as set out in the Terms and Conditions, is constantly reviewed and improvements or changes added to ensure best practice requirements are available to any existing or future customer.
I. Hotline Buddies shall strive to provide the highest standard of service, in an honest and fair manner.
II. Hotline Buddies shall familiarise themselves with and act accordingly, with the provisions and spirit of this Code, all applicable regulatory requirements, Icelandair’s internal rules such as the Employee’s Manuals and uphold the principle of representing Iceland and its tourist industry.
III. Buddies shall understand their duties, will obtain feedback from the Customers and be prepared and ready to contribute to the development of Icelandair’s Buddy Hotline Service.
4. Buddies’ Professional Ethics
i. Provision of Highest Standard of Service.
Hotline Buddies shall strive to provide customers with the highest standard of service in accordance with the provisions of the terms and conditions of the Buddy Hotline Service.
5. Compliance of Professional Ethics
Buddies shall adhere to professional ethics. When dealing with customers they shall:
i. be dutiful, sincere, courteous and attentive;
ii. speak and act cautiously, discreetly, and be objective in their attitude;
iii. be knowledgeable about Iceland or their chosen part of Iceland or activity;
iv. provide customers with accurate information;
v. respect the religious belief, customs and habits of customers;
vi. maintain appropriate professional boundaries and avoid improper contact or relationships and not attempt to establish an inappropriate relationship with any customers by means which might include−− communication of a personal nature;−− engaging in an inappropriate communication via the internet or by other means−− sending e-mails or text messages of an inappropriate nature;
vii. not discuss their own intimate and personal relationships and be mindful to maintain an appropriate balance between formality and informality when dealing with customers;
6. Promotion of Iceland
Buddies shall ensure sustained development of the service by:
i. always having regard first and foremost for the interests of customers and the reputation of Icelandair and its goals and objectives within Iceland; and
ii. encouraging Buddy Hotline customers to assist in protecting such tourism resources of Iceland as cultural and heritage sites, the natural environment and tourist attractions, and maintaining public hygiene and public order; and
iii. acting as Icelandic ambassadors and actively promoting tourism as well as other local industries for the benefits of Iceland’s economy.
7. Principles governing potential tourist activities
I. Hotline Buddies shall only highlight potential tourist activities for customers, which are approved by Icelandair or the local tourist board and meet the potential requirements of the customer.
II. Prior to suggesting any potential tourist activities, Hotline Buddies shall explain clearly to customers that the Icelandair Hotline Buddy Service is only a mechanism to provide options. Satisfaction, safety and responsibility issues will need to be duly considered prior to their participation.
8. Interpretation, Enforcement and Penalty
This Code is monitored together with the T&Cs of the Hotline Buddy Service and shall be observed by all Hotline Buddies. Enforcement and decisions on violations of this Code are made in accordance with interpretations by the Board of Directors of Icelandair. The Board has the power to penalise persons found in breach of this Code through Icelandair’s standard disciplinary procedures and reserves the right to amend any provisions of this Code if deemed necessary.
9. Customers who have access to or control of the above information shall at all times ensure its security and prevent any abuse or misuse of the information.
This Code of Conduct together with the T&Cs of the Buddy Hotline Service and shall be observed by all Customers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INFLUENCER COMPETITION
Short Terms and Conditions
Icelandair and potential Icelandair customers, 16+ (<18s adult consent req’d & to be accompanied if win). Exclusions & conditions apply. No purchase necessary. Internet access and public Instagram account required. Visit the Instagram account of 1 of the participating influencers in the US, CA, UK, FR, DE, NL, SE, DK, NO, FI, CH or BE involved with the promotion, between 10th April and 8th May and comment why you would like to travel to Iceland for entry into the Prize Draw. 1 x pair of transatlantic flights to be won.
Promoter: Icelandair, Company ID number: 461202-3490 (“The Promoter”)
Full Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Icelandair. Privacy@Icelandair.is, no entries should be sent to this address.
1. The promotion is open worldwide to Icelandair customers and potential customers, excluding employees (and their immediate families) of Icelandair, their affiliates, agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Entrants must be 16 years or over (U18s need parental consent and must be accompanied by an adult if they win).
3. Internet access and an active Instagram account required. Entry is only valid via an active Instagram account to the Instagram site of one of the influencers in the USA, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Switzerland or Belgium involved with this promotion (see ‘How to Enter’ below for all the relevant Instagram accounts).
4. If you do not have an Instagram account you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this. See www.instagram.com for how to set up an account. Entries made on Instagram are subject to their terms of service which can be found online at https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511. Proof of ownership of the Instagram account and proof of age may be required.
5. No purchase necessary.
6. The promotion runs from 10th April and closes at 23:59 GMT (UTC) on 8th May.
Any entries received outside of these times and dates will not be included in the promotion.
How to Enter
To enter this promotion for an opportunity to win, look out for the following post on one of the Instagram Influencer Pages from 10th April.
“Local tips and recommendations always make travel better, which is why @Icelandair have opened up their Buddy Hotline. Passengers can now talk to an #IcelandairBuddy and get the best local knowledge. For your chance to win a pair of transatlantic flight tickets comment with why you would like to travel to Iceland. For Terms and Conditions please head to Icelandair.com/buddyhotline”
7. Either log in as an existing Instagram member, or sign up for free at Instagram.com as detailed above. Ensure you are following the relevant influencer account from your Instagram account, and remain following them for the duration of the promotion and fulfilment period of  days following the end of the promotion.
To enter from a private account, you must amend your account settings to a public account in order for entry to be accepted. The account must remain public until the end of the fulfilment period of the promotion in order to be contacted in the event your entry is a winning entry.
8. Once on the relevant influencer page, simply submit your answer as a comment telling us ‘why you would like to travel to Iceland’ as a comment under the promotional post.
9. Only valid entry information will be accepted. All entry information is subject to verification and interrogation to ensure it meets the acceptable standards.
10. Any submission containing the following content or suggesting innuendos of the following content will not be permitted and the entrant will be disqualified:
11. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to permanently remove any material that is deemed to be distasteful, degrading or will in any way cause offence and if necessary report to the appropriate authorities, or to disqualify any individual found to be attempting to circumvent the promotion by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities, using rude, inappropriate, or profane statements or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
12. Anyone, who in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the promotion or in any way that gives an unfair advantage, will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified
13. All entries will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and their third-party adjudicators throughout and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of entry or suspension of the promotion.
14. The Promoter does not guarantee that you will have any recourse to edit or delete any Content you have submitted. The Promoter has the right to remove or refuse to post any entry for any reason. You acknowledge that you, not the Promoter, are responsible for the Contents of your submission. None of the Content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Promoter, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, or third-party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees
15. Any bulk entries, entries from agents, third parties, syndicates, organized groups or entries automatically generated by a computer, programme, application, script or any automatic method will not be accepted. Any person or institutions trying to circumvent this condition by any method, including but not limited to using multiple or alias Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts, will be disqualified along with all entries from associated accounts. Only genuine valid entries will be considered.
16. The person who has uploaded the comment is the individual who is entered into the promotion.
17. There is 1 prize to be won in total. The prize consists of two round trip tickets of Icelandair transatlantic flights from your nearest Icelandair Gateway to Iceland, and then onto either Europe or North America, depending on your start location.
18. As part of the prize winners will receive:
Flights are Economy Standard fare. Winners can make a Stopover in Iceland if wished for, up to seven nights. Icelandair will pay the taxes and other charges as included in the flight tickets. Dates not available from 15th of December until 5th of January. The prize is valid for one year after winning. Flights need to be booked at least one month prior to the departure as a pair. Note that we do not cover insurance or if tickets are changed after making the booking.
19. A parent/legal guardian must accompany winners aged 18 or younger when participating in the prize.
20. All travel arrangements offered are at the discretion of the promoter. Any amendments wished to be made by the prize winner after the booking is confirmed are subject to the discretion of the Promoter and may be subject to administration charges.
21. The prize winner and their guest (where applicable) are responsible for and must comply with any health advice/regulations/inoculations required by any destination country. Any associated costs for this are the responsibility of the prize winner and their party (where applicable).
22. The Winner and their guest must not have any limitations upon their ability or rights to travel to and from Europe and North America to the destination chosen. The right to refuse entry to any chosen destination or country at the point of entry of your prize is held by Passport control and the country’s authorities. The Promoter is not responsible for ensuring the Winner or their guest’s ability to travel and is not responsible for any cots incurred should entry be refused by Passport control or the country’s authorities.
Winners and guests take full responsibility for any risks associated with traveling to, in and from the chosen locations. Winners and guests must consider any travel advice from the relevant government or authorities to ascertain if there are any issues with potential travel and the Promoter will try and assist with suitable alternatives should there be major concerns. So, whilst they can advise and recommend, the Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damaged incurred by the Winner or guest that arises from them not following the relevant government or authority’s travel advise.
23. All potential Winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and could still, post qualification, be disqualified as the Promoter reserves the right to verify all Winners and guests will meet necessary standards and not cause the brand embarrassment by the individual or their guest. Part of this process may include questions during the claim process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain.
24. The prize winner & their guests must all be in possession of a full, current and valid passport and will be solely responsible for attaining any required visas, vaccinations or travel permits.
25. No cash or alternative prize is available in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside of the reasonable control of the Promote, whereby the Promoter reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative of equal or greater value.
26. The Winner and guest are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions as being included as part of the prize. All other costs and expenses incurred from the prize including, but not limited to transport to venue, meals, drinks, merchandise and other gratuities or any other expenses are at the winners’ and their guests’ own cost, unless otherwise expressly stated within the prize details.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to add more prizes into the main promotion. Winners only will be notified in line with these Terms and Conditions.
Winner selection and notification
28. The winner will be chosen at random via an independently verified, randomized computer process from all genuine, valid entries entered into the prize draw. The draw will take place on 10th May.
29. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner via a comment under their winning post on the relevant Influencers Instagram page, giving instructions for next steps (to Directly Messaging the Promoter within 3 days of the comment being made) and timings of the claim process. After successful contact, the Promoter will subsequently email the winner allow the potential winner to provide the Promoter securely with information including; their name, details and a valid home address as well as required documentation to assist with verification. Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited. However, if a winner has not responded to notification after 14 days or if a selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize, and if time permits, re-allocate the prize back into the promotion
Claim Process & Delivery of Prize
30. Winners will be required to provide securely to the Promoter, within the specified timescales given, information including their name, a valid address, photo I.D. and any additional contact details to assist with fulfilling the claim and arranging the prize. Inaccurate information may result in the prize being forfeited.
31. Once the verification stage has been completed and the winner has been marked as valid, the Promoter will be in touch to arrange the prize via email.
32. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any information you provide as part of this promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Entrants to this promotion hereby release Instagram from any claim or liability suffered in connection with this promotion.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the Winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
34. A list of Winners’ full names and their countries, provinces or regions, will be available on request by emailing buddy@Icelandair.is with the subject line ‘Buddy Hotline Winner’ within  months of the promotion close date.
35. The Promoters decision is final in all matters pertaining to the promotion; no correspondence shall be entered into.
36. Winners may be required to take part in reasonable publicity relating to this promotion without further remuneration.
37. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
38. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion disqualify any participant found to be tampering with the application process or operation of the website or to be acting in any manner disruptive to the promotion.
39. Sometimes, through reasons outside of the Promoters control, the social media website (as with any website) may not be accessible. The Promoter cannot guarantee continuous, uninterrupted access to the website or social media. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering, claiming or any entries/claims delayed or corrupted. The Promoter will have no liability for any loss arising out of such an event.
40. Limitations of liability: insofar as permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for:-
41. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
42. These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by Icelandic law and any dispute or clarity will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Icelandic courts.