Terms & Conditions: #SEAcloseup Challenge
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO MASSACHUSETTS LAW.
#SEAcloseup Challenge will begin at 9:00AM EDT, Thursday, October 10, 2019 and end at 9:00PM PDT, Saturday, October 19, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). Participation in the #SEAcloseup Challenge promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. The Contest is sponsored by Icelandair, 859 Willard St. Suite 400, Quincy, MA 02169 (“Sponsor”) who is solely responsible for all aspects of this promotion.
The promotion is open to legal residents of the United States, 18 years or older (exception: Day 2 of the Challenge, participants must be 21 years or older), with Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Employees, officers and representatives of Icelandair and members of the immediate family (mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouse, regardless of where they reside) and household members of each such employee, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
How to participate
During the Promotion Period, Facebook and Twitter account-holders who follow those platforms’ official Icelandair accounts may submit a comment (“entry”) on each day’s #SEAcloseup Challenge photo post on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Icelandair/) and/or Twitter (https://twitter.com/icelandair), to be posted daily at 9:00am PDT beginning Thursday, October 10, 2019 through the final posting on Saturday, October 19, 2019. Comments and messages must be submitted no later than 4:00pm PDT each day of the promotion, with a guess of the identity of that day’s photo.
- One (1) entrant, each with a personal Facebook or Twitter account, is eligible to win one (1) prize on each day of the promotion.
- Each entrant should not submit more than one (1) comment (“entry”) each day, on each of the above stated social media accounts
- Late entries (including delayed data transmissions), forged, incomplete, misdirected, or otherwise not in compliance with these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified.
- One prize (as described under the ‘Prize’ section below) maximum per account-holder during the Contest promotion.
- Prize winners will be randomly chosen each day from the total of all correct answers across all the above stated social media accounts, by and at the full discretion of Icelandair
- From October 10 - 19, 2019, each day’s winner will be notified and announced via a reply to the winner’s comment submission by 5:00PM PDT daily
- The winner of the October 19, 2019 Challenge must attend that evening’s free Taste of Iceland 21+ concert “Reykjavik Calling” at KEXP in Seattle Center to claim their grand prize, to be live-streamed on the official Instagram account of Icelandair
- All decisions by Icelandair regarding each day’s contest are final.
By participating in this Contest, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Any personally identifiable information collected during an entrant’s participation in this Contest will be collected by Sponsors and used by Sponsors, Administrator, their respective affiliates, agents and marketers for purposes of the proper administration and fulfillment of the Contest as described in these Official Rules.
Limitations of Liability
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, at any time, without notice, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award prizes using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of the termination/suspension date, if any infection, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s control, affects the integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process (if applicable) or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in a disruptive manner. Sponsor and Administrator assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for: lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incorrect, delayed, garbled, undelivered, or misdirected entries; theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; failures or malfunctions of phones, phone lines or telephone or data transmission systems; interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in any transmission or communication; traffic congestion on the Internet or any technical problem, including but not limited to any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from Contest participation; typographical, printing or other errors or omissions in these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements or other materials, or other problems or errors of any kind whether computer, network, mechanical, human, electronic, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, in the processing of entries, in the selection or announcement of winners or in the awarding of prizes. Sponsors and Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsors nor Administrator is responsible for any damage to an entrant’s system which is occasioned by participating in this Contest or by downloading any information necessary to participate in the promotion. Neither Sponsors nor Administrator is responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an individual who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized Facebook accounts-holder. “Authorized accounts holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning Facebook accounts. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized accounts holder.
One (1) winning entrant will receive one (1) prize each day of the promotion from the below prize list. :
- Taste of Iceland dinner for two (2) at Cuoco Restaurant between October 17 – 20, 2019
- A priviate Icelandic cocktail class for five (5) people on Thursday, October 17, 2019 (must be 21 and over)
- A one-year supply of Icelandic Glacial Water
- One (1) Blue Lagoon skin care package
- A 66°North gift package including a Thorsmork Special Edition parka, a backpack, and hat
- One (1) VIP tour for two (2) of the Boeing factory floor in Everett, WA.
- Iceland Airwaves vacation package for two (2) including round-trip airfare from Seattle, hotel accommodations and two passes for Iceland Airwaves
- A one-year supply of Icelandic Provisions Skyr
- A chocolate and merchandise care package from Omnom Chocolate
- A 10-day/9-night trip to Iceland including round-trip international flights between Seattle and Keflavik on Icelandair, airport transfers between Keflavik Airport and hotel in Reykjavik, hotel accommodations, Hidden Powers & Northern Lights escorted tour, Reykjavik city tour, daily breakfast except arrival day, round-trip domestic flights between Reykjavik Airport and Akureyri, a visit to the Blue Lagoon with Premium Experience admission including a meal at Lava Restaurant. Available on select dates between November 2019 – March 2020 and October – December 2020
Additional prizes will be confirmed closer to the beginning of the Promotion. Prizes can change at the discretion of Icelandair at any time, via either of removal or replacement. By accepting the prizes, winner agrees to release the Sponsors (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by entering the promotion or for damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to and from any prize-related activity. Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsors.
All prize details will be determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, and must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions may be made. Prize will only be awarded to the verified winner.
The winning participants will coordinate prize delivery with an assigned representative of Icelandair, with contact information to be provided via a private message of the winner’s social media account at the close of the Contest. The Contest winners will first be required to sign and return a release as further described below under Prize Conditions. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible participants. Prize consists of only those items specifically described as included in the prize. Any fees, federal, state and other taxes, costs and expenses relating to the use, acceptance and possession of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winning entrant.
If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted during three (3) business days from the date of the Contest drawing, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner may be selected.
All Prize winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (if applicable) associated with the receipt of any prize. The winner will be required to sign these terms and conditions. When receiving the prize, if potential winner fails to agree to terms and sign the requisite document or if a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue. Each potential winner is subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to Sponsors’ use of winning entrants’ name, likeness, photograph, any possible footage, photographs and video, voice, opinions, hometown and/or state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, (including but not limited to internet and television broadcast) without further consent or compensation except where prohibited.
Other Terms & Conditions
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and agree that: Released Parties and their designees and assigns and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents shall have no liability and entrant will indemnify, defend and hold Released Parties harmless from any liability, loss, injury, or damage to entrant themselves or any other person or entity, including personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any prize activity or travel related thereto) or participation in this Contest. Entrants further acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry and to modify, terminate or suspend this Contest should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, action of entrants, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest and, if the Contest is modified, terminated or suspended, at Sponsors’ discretion, select winners from those eligible, non-suspect entries. Entrants further acknowledge that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, but not limited to, its quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree that ...
- Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action;
- Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and
- Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsors or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with Massachusetts state law. Any legal proceedings arising out of this Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts of Massachusetts, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these Official Rules. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Winners names will be posted online at https://www.icelandair.com/blog/seacloseup-challenge/ on or before October 21, 2019.
For a copy of the Official Rules and/or a written list of winners please send a self-addressed, stamped business size envelope to:
“#SEAcloseup Challenge Promotion”
859 Willard Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Ticket Restrictions and Information
- Accommodation and other land arrangements beyond that which is expressly outlined herein are not included in travel prize
- Transportation to/from the traveler’s residence and Seattle-Tacoma International Airport will not be provided as part of the giveaway
- Contest winner and their guest must travel together at all times of their confirmed flight reservations as arranged in accordance with their Icelandair representative