The Game of Thrones television show is a brilliant work of fantasy to many, but its Icelandic filming locations are far from fiction!
Join this tour to see for yourself why the show chose Iceland as one of its modern-day representations of the fictional Westeros for season two through seven. You’ll visit Þingvellir National Park where scenes at The Bloody Gate were lensed, as well as Wildlings roaming south of The Wall, the introduction of Styr, and after leaving The Hound, Arya’s journey to finding a ship to Braavos. You’ll also visit the Settlement Era Viking Lodge in the valley of Þjórsárdalur where elaborate scenes were shot including a particularly hair-raising massacre in season four.
Regardless of whether you’re a fan of the show, taking in the majestic and sweeping views, watching the dancing waterfalls, capturing the breath-taking panoramas, and experiencing the stillness and solitude of Iceland’s unparalleled nature just may inspire a new work fiction that is all your own!
- Online offer only
- Please note: Tour commentary may contain strong language that might be inappropriate for children and/or sensitive individuals.
- Daily departures at 10am. Pick-up 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Operated year round; approximate duration 8 hours
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.