Bask in the freedom of the unspoilt nature and astonishingly diverse landscape of Iceland’s south coast.
Book this tour with Icelandair today and you’ll soon be driving a powerful ATV across an expansive black sand beach, stepping behind a thundering curtain of water at Seljalandsfoss waterfall and taking in a breath-taking, panoramic view from the top of Skógafoss waterfall.
Hopping on an ATV is a unique and fun way to traverse the stark, black beaches of Iceland´s south coast and crisscrossing the small rivers and streams stemming from the subglacial volcano Katla. You’ll also ATV (versus the otherwise long walk!) to the abandoned fuselage of a DC3 military plane which crashed on the beach in 1973, an increasingly popular destination for visitors.
A generous amount of time is provided with approximately 30-45 minutes at each major stop on this tour, including the waterfalls Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss, plus the glacier Sólheimajökull and gorgeous views of Mýrdalsjökull. Your ATV ride will be approximately 1 hour as part of the 3-3.5 hours spent beginning at the Arcanium base camp.
What do I bring? A few things! Lunch for your break on the glacier, good outdoor shoes, and since weather changes can be sudden and frequently unexpected, bring warm, waterproof clothes including jacket, pants, headwear and gloves.
- Daily year-round departures at 9:00am (weather-dependant)
- Pick-up between your Reykjavik hotel or designated pick-up location and the tour starting point begins 30 minutes prior to the tour’s scheduled departure. Return drop-off is also included
- Total duration approximately 10-11 hours
- Special riding clothing and equipment
- Professional, experienced ATV guide
- Free Wi-Fi and USB charger at each seat on board
- A touch-screen tablet including an "In Bus Audio Guide" available in 10 languages, including Chinese, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. The tablets can also be used to surf the web with free on-board Wi-Fi, watch videos and more. Be sure to bring your own headphones so you can avoid having to purchase them on board.
- All applicable admission fees
- Online offer only
- Minimum age: Five (5) years old
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.