Until very recently what lies beneath the surface of Langjökull was a mystery, but through the combined efforts of Iceland's top engineers and geo-physicists, all that has changed!
You’ll first ascend to the Langjökull Ice Cap to begin your snowmobiling trip from the base camp at Jaki. After being adorned the necessary clothing and required helmets you'll drive off across the glacier's vast, snowy wasteland to marvel at the incredible surroundings. Afterwards, you'll walk down beneath the cap into a magnificent man-made ice cave where temperatures generally hover around zero degrees Celsius, or 32 Fahrenheit.
Admission to the ice cave is included, as well as all necessary and required snowmobiling equipment.
- Includes bus transportation, guidance in English
- Knowledgeable host during the tour
- Snowmobile ride
- All necessary equipment for snowmobiling (helmet, gloves, snow-suit)
- Admission to Langjökull Ice Cave
- Approximately one hour guided tour in the Langjökull Ice Cave
- In-bus audio guide with choice of languages. Please bring your own headphones if possible (available for purchase on board the bus)
- Daily departures at 8:00am. Pick-up 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready in time outside your hotel or at designated pick-up point
- Operated year round; approximate duration 10 hours
- Online offer only
- A valid driver's license is required to operate a snowmobile
- Children 5 years old and younger are not permitted on this tour
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- Tours departing prior to 12pm are not recommended for passengers with morning arrivals from North America
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Meals are not included as part of this guided tour
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, can be submitted online
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.