Race across the snowy tundra, breathe in the fresh cool air and feel the adrenaline pumping!
This exciting snowmobiling adventure takes you to the top of the spectacular Mýrdalsjökull glacier for a breathtaking view of South Iceland - one of the most scenic areas of the country - during a 1-hour guided snowmobile tour. Along the way you'll stop at the gorgeous Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which is unique as you can walk behind it and through the other side, and last but certainly not least, the majestic and much-photographed Skógafoss waterfall.
Important: Price is based on two persons sharing one snowmobile. In order to ride solo, customers will be required to pay a fee to the tour operator upon arrival on the day of their tour.
What do I bring? A few things! Good outdoor shoes, and since weather changes can be sudden and frequently unexpected, bring warm, waterproof clothes including jacket, pants, headwear and gloves.
Feeling hungry? If you forgot to pack a lunch, this tour makes a stop on the way to the glacier were you can buy lunch. It is recommended to sit down for lunch before the ride, and perhaps a light snack afterwards.
- Available tour dates and departure times available to view during the booking process
- Transfers: The tour transfer coach will arrive outside your accommodation (Reykjavík only) beginning 30 minutes prior to the tour’s official start time. Please note: If your accommodation is not a valid pick-up location, find the nearest tour pick-up / drop-off location to you by entering your hotel address here.
- Total duration approximately 10-11 hours
- Protective clothing and safety equipment
- Professional, experienced tour guide
- All applicable admission fees
- Online offer only
- Minimum age: Eight (8) years old. One child per adult permitted.
- Valid driver's license needed to operate snowmobile.
- Two passengers per snowmobile.
- Solo travelers and groups with odd numbers are required to pay a single rider fee, payable on location.
- The operation of this tour depends on that day's weather conditions at the glacier. Tour cancellations may occur due to sudden and/or unexpected weather changes, including the potential after the tour has departed Reykjavík.
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Tour operated by Reykjavík Excursions
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.