Flights from Washington, D.C. to Amsterdam available from
Flights from Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Amsterdam (AMS)
Choose Icelandair to fly from Washington, D.C. to Amsterdam (IAD-AMS), and start your vacation with more money in your pocket. Enjoy our refreshing Icelandic travel experience, which includes hundreds of hours of movies and music in our in-seat entertainment system, USB chargers in every seat and Wi-Fi access. In our flights from Washington D.C. to Europe, you'll enjoy an easy transit at our Keflavik hub and one of the shortest flying times between North America and Europe.
Want to get out of town with a flight from Washington IAD to Amsterdam AMS? Say goodbye to The Nation's Capital and say hello to the Venice of the North with cheap plane tickets to Amsterdam, Netherlands!
Whether you're into history, art, music or shopping, Amsterdam will not disappoint. The Dutch Golden Age of the 17th century lives on in the architecture and organization of the city's central area, with its signature tall, narrow houses and wide canals. The Rijksmuseum is one of the city's central cultural attractions and contains a unique collection of Dutch art and historical artifacts. The 19th-century museum building is an attraction in and of itself, and breezy parks and shopping areas are within walking distance.
Take a sunset cruise through the city's labyrinth of canals, visit the Albert Cuyp street market, listen to a concert at Bimhuis, down by the old central harbour of this former maritime empire. Amsterdam has a special charm, its unique history makes it a cultural city like no other. Check out Icelandair's cheap plane tickets to Schiphol AMS from Washington Dulles International Airport and plan your vacation now!
Add a stopover in Iceland to your journey
If flying from Washington, D.C. to Amsterdam, why not stopover in Iceland? You could simply change planes and be in and out of the airport in under an hour, but you could also do a stopover on our island for anywhere from 1 to 7 days, at no additional airfare. You will have the opportunity to explore Iceland's natural wonders and enjoy the culture and charming boutiques of Reykjavik.
Choose to fly with Icelandair
- Make fast, easy connections with Icelandair. Our flight network is set up to easily change planes and connect to your onward flight. Flights from Washington, D.C. to Amsterdam are scheduled such that stopovers in Iceland are typically between 30 and 60 minutes.
- Those who are keen to explore not only Amsterdam, but also Iceland, can stopover in the land of ice and snow for up to 7 days, without additional airfare.
- What's hraunhella? On routes from North America to Europe, we want you to feel like you've learned a little bit about Iceland, so we've added a bit of trivia about our country all around the plane, for instance by naming each food item after the natural phenomena of the country.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, as it is officially known, is an airport city: it isn't only the aerial transportation hub of the city, but also has facilities for enterprises such as retail, convention centers, hotels, even theme parks.
- With 20% of the Netherlands located below sea level, it should be no surprise that AMS airport, the fourth busiest in Europe, is 11 feet below sea level.
- When you fly from Washington, D.C. to Amsterdam on our Icelandair flight deals, you'll be flying the only airline to name its planes after the many volcanoes located throughout our home country. By the time you arrive at your destination, you should be able to pronounce the name of the Iceland volcano Askja!
- The personal in-flight entertainment system is available on all flights to Amsterdam from Washington, D.C. and it offers a full selection of programming for you and for children too.