West Iceland’s Snæfellsnes peninsula is practically a miniature version of Iceland itself. Book this exciting day tour today to start your journey!
The stunning landscape of this peninsula has captured the imagination of people all over the world, including Jules Verne, author of the famous science fiction novel "A Journey to the Center of the Earth." Following his exploration of the glacier-capped stratovolcano Snæfellsjökull, Verne created the fictional entryway to our planet’s core based on inspiration born from his journeys in Iceland. This amazing mountain is where that journey - and this tour - begins.
How will Snaefellsnes inspire you? A photo? A screenplay? Incredible stories to share with family and friends? Find out with stops along this region’s black sandy beaches, bird cliffs, spectacular mountains, plus visits to the fishing villages of Arnarstapi and Hellnar, the Djúpalónssandur beach and a pass by the iconic Kirkjufell mountain.
- Year-round departures at 8:00 am on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Round-trip transfers between your Reykjavik hotel or designated pick-up location and the tour starting point. Pick-up begins 30 minutes prior to the tour’s scheduled departure
- Local, professional guide
- Online offer only
- Tour duration: Approximately 13-14 hours
- Minimum age: One (1) years old
- Tour operators will not pick up or drop off passengers at hotels outside Reykjavík
- Have your voucher ready, either in digital or printed form, at your transfer pick-up point.
- No refund for unused travel services or land arrangements once a tour starts
- Not included with this tour: Lunch and/or other refreshments
- Tour operated by Reykjavik Excursions
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online.
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.
Email providers may not recognize the confirmation email sent at the time of booking, so be sure to check your SPAM or Junk folders if you haven't received it within 48 hours of confirming your purchase online.