The Iceland Northern Lights Getaway vacation package is not currently offered. Check out additional Icelandair Holidays packages - on sale now!
When you travel to Iceland there are two must-see excursions you simply can NOT miss, and this Icelandair package offer – including round-trip airfare and three nights hotel - brings you to both!
Spend time exploring Iceland’s gorgeous capital city of Reykjavík before an evening with fellow travellers in search of the Northern Lights. Also known as the Aurora Borealis, this interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole creates a jaw-dropping display of colours rippling across the night sky high above the Icelandic countryside.
The following day you’ll head out mid-morning on the Golden Circle Direct tour to venture one of the country’s most magnificent regions, including the majestic waterfall Gullfoss, the Geyser geothermal area, and Iceland’s historical national park, Þingvellir.
Want to stay longer? Book up to four additional nights to explore even more of the land of fire & ice with unforgettable day tours that bring you to popular destinations like the Blue Lagoon, whale watching, and much more!
- Round-trip flights on Icelandair
- All taxes, fees and fuel surcharges
- Checked bag 23kg (50 lbs) and hand luggage 10kg (22 lbs)
- Three nights (minimum) standard room accommodation at your chosen hotel
- Breakfast included at selected hotels, including CenterHotel Plaza, CenterHotel Miðgarður, and Canopy Reykjavík City Centre. Breakfast at Icelandair Hotels and Hilton Reykjavík Nordica available to purchase locally.
- Northern Lights Hunt evening tour (Day 3), including transfers from your hotel or designated pick up point at 9:30pm from October 1 - 15; and 8:30pm from October 16 – February 2. Coaches are equipped with free Wi-Fi!
- Golden Circle Direct tour (Day 4). Pick-up from your hotel or designated pick-up point at 10:00am
- Online offer only through July 15th, 2018
- Advertised lead price per person is based on lowest available airfare and two persons sharing a standard guest room at Icelandair Hotels Reykjavík Natura for three nights duration. Lead price travel period November 1, 2018 – December 18, 2019 with limited availability on selected dates. Price and departure day can vary depending on your Icelandair gateway.
- Included gateways: Edmonton.
- Minimum/maximum stay: 4 nights/8 nights. The first night of your itinerary is the night of your departure from North America.
- Travel period: Departures November 1, 2018 - December 18, 2019
- Blackout travel days: N/A
- Not included with this holiday package: Meals and services not mentioned in itinerary; Flybus airport transfers between Keflavík International Airport and Reykjavík
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- All general inquiries, including change or cancellation requests, must be submitted online
- Additional baggage and optional service fees may apply
- Terms and conditions, including changes and cancellations to your holiday, vary depending on your country of departure. Please refer to the applicable Icelandair Holidays terms and conditions.
Personal travel insurance is not included and is highly recommended. It can be arranged through Allianz Global Assistance for passengers originating in the United States and Canada.